Sunday, February 22, 2009

Much needed sunshine











We made it to Florida in one piece! I hate flying, but everyone else enjoyed the flight. We went to the drum circle Sat night and heard some great music and enjoyed the sunset over the ocean. Even though the 'natives' thought it was cool (it was in the upper 60's) we thought it was wonderful and went barefoot in the sand!

Today we hit the beach and the girls played in the waves, Ellie built a sandcastle all by herself (no help from anyone this year!), they found shells and went for long walks on the beach. Me? I finished my book (Plum Spooky) and got sunburned! How is it I can get 4 other people slathered in sunscreen to the point where no one else is red, but I forget to put it on an entire leg of myself? It's burnt enough that I'm skipping the hot tub tonight...bummer! I love the hot tub almost as much as the beach!

We stopped at "Splash" (a beachwear store) and got flip flops for Rylie, beach shoes for Darren and everyone else managed to hang onto their $$. Saw lots of things they liked, but everyone decided to wait til we hit downtown Venice to spend anything. Amazing!

Looking forward to many more days of fun and sun. I'll post pics when we get home.

1 comment:

Troops 1909 and 5434 said...

This sounds like heaven. It is cold again in KC