Tuesday, January 20, 2009

An Historic Day

The kids and I spent the day watching the Inagural activities...well, really the kids watched the swearing in ceremony and part of the parade with me, but I've been tied to the tv all day. A big part of it is probably the fact that my stomach is really hurting and getting up to move around is icky. But I did want to watch it all, since I couldn't be there in person.

All 3 kids and I snuggled up and watched the actual swearing in ceremony. We were impressed with the peaceful transition as so many places in our world do not have this luxury. President Obama (how wonderful that sounds!) impressed me with his speech. I hope he has the opportunity to try to change our nation for the better and that some idiot doesn't attempt to harm him during his time in office.

No comments: