Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Way Too Long

It's been way too long since I last posted anything.  A good indicator of that is when I went to read the blog - my background had disappeared!  I found a new one that I really like, and figured it must have been meant for my blog when I saw the "blinkies" that went with it!  (They are those changing words on the right hand side of the page - Live, Laugh and Love!)

As always our lives are running at top speed.  I'll try to catch up to date in as short a post as possible.

April found us still managing to keep the secret of my parent's 50th wedding anniversary party.  Friday April 16th was the big day.  All they knew was that we were taking them out to eat that evening.  I called them that morning to say that part of our gift to them was a nice get away weekend at a hotel.  They started to get a little suspicious at that point but had NO idea of the weekend that was in store!  We picked them up at 5:00 and headed to the Hereford House restaurant.  We went upstairs to eat and when we entered the dining room, their siblings were there, along with some of their cousins!  It was a great surprise and a wonderful evening.  We presented them their gift of the memory album and everyone had a nice time eating and visiting.  Saturday began with breakfast at the Embassy Suites where everyone was staying.  That evening dinner was at Jack Stack barbeque - a Kansas City tradition.  Everyone gathered back at the hotel after dinner for visiting and drinks.  Sunday morning was brunch at The Bristol - an amazing variety of food!  After that, everyone left for the airport and mom and dad were able to head home and begin to catch up on their rest!

Here are some pictures from the weekend:




No comments: